Lead Registered Dental Assistant
Company: JWCH Institute
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition PurposeThis position is responsible to
provide leadership, oversight, and mentorship to fellow dental
assistants. To assist the Dental Manager and Lead Dentist in the
efficiency and functionality of the department and to help the
department reach the goals set by the organization. This job
description outlines the essential functions of the Lead Registered
Dental Assistant position, and the core performance areas the Lead
Registered Dental Assistant is held accountable. Principal
- Supports dentist(s) during patient procedures through 4 handed
dentistry and supervises other dental assistants.
- Leads Dental Assistants through daily functions, including
suggestions to Dental Manager for training modifications or further
training of Dental Assistants, recommendations for corrective
actions and monthly assignments.
- Trains new hires.
- Holds Daily/weekly staff huddles in collaboration with Dental
Manager and Lead Dentist.
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering
their questions, and giving directions to patients as authorized by
the dentist or hygienist.
- Prepares operation procedures for patient treatment as per
Dental Department protocols and the dentist's directions.
- Completion of digital dental radiographs and take intra-oral
pictures in accordance with state regulations and law, as well as
Dental Department directives and protocols.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated by the dentist
such as take alginate impressions, fabricating temporary crowns,
applying dental sealants and coronal polish in accordance with
state regulation, law, and Department directives and
- Maintains all Dental Department equipment in accordance with
manufacturer's directions and Dental Department policy and
- Maintains and completes adequate supply inventory and compiles
a list of individual item shortages for inventory control to order
and review monthly with the Dental Manager.
- Maintains a daily list of all scheduled Dental Department
patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the dentist(s) in
assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and
accurately completed and filed.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinic business and patient care of the
- Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and
equipment in accordance with Dental Department directives and
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially
contaminated materials in accordance with Dental Department
directives, clinic policy, as well as state and federal
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease
prevention activities, both on-site and off-site as required.
- Maintains Dental Department compliance, relative to Infection
Exposure Control, safety, and HIPPA as required by local, State,
and Federal guidelines, Dental Department directives and protocols,
and clinic policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform front office duties such as:
scheduling and confirming appointments, verify insurance/ other
pertinent patient eligibility, check patients in and out, collect
co-pay and balance due and manage patient flow to reduce cycle time
and enhance the patient experience, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Dental Manager.Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED certificate required.
- Credentialed as a valid licensed Registered Dental Assistant
with the following certifications: Coronal polishing/X-Rays
Cert/Sealants Current CPR and
- First Aid certificate required.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish also required.
- Two years' experience in a dental clinic preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and
procedures for all phases of specialty and general dentistry.
- Excellent written and oral communication*JWCH requires
employees to be vaccinated with exceptions only as required by law
(i.e. medical or religion).Employee BenefitsJWCH Institute, Inc.,
offers competitive salaries for all positions. Employees working 30
hours per week or more are provided a monthly allowance which can
be used towards medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
premiums. The agency offers sick leave and vacation accrual, 11
paid holidays, jury duty pay, mileage reimbursement, employee
parking, direct deposit, credit union, and an employee assistance
program. In addition JWCH offers a 401(k) Profit Sharing plan to
employees who work a minimum of 1,000 hours per fiscal year. Wesley
Health Centers JWCH Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: JWCH Institute, Bell Gardens , Lead Registered Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!