Clinical Research Coordinator II - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient
happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity
available with one of the best places to work in Southern
California! We would be happy to hear from you. he Cedars-Sinai
Biomedical Imaging Research Institute (BIRI) is an
interdisciplinary research program established in 2010 to develop
and apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies to todays most
pressing translational research and clinical questions. Our mission
is to improve the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases
by developing novel medical imaging technology. To learn more,
please visitBiomedical Imaging Research Institute - Cedars-Sinai
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research? The Clinical
Research Coordinator II works independently providing study
coordination including screening potential patients for protocol
eligibility, presenting non-medical trial concepts and details, and
participating in the informed consent process. Responsible for
accurate and timely source documents, data collection,
documentation, entry, and reporting including timely response to
sponsor queries. Responsible for compiling and reporting on each
study including information related to protocol activity, accrual
data, workload, and other research information. Presents
information at regular research staff meetings. May plan and
coordinate strategies for increasing patient enrollment, improving
efficiency, training of personnel, or identifying new research
opportunities. Ensures compliance with all federal and local
agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local
Institutional Review Board (IRB). Primary Duties and
- Schedules patients for research visits and procedures.
- In collaboration with the physician and other medical
personnel, documents thoroughly on Case Report Forms (CRFs) the
following; changes in patient condition, adverse events,
concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study
- Maintains accurate source documents related to all research
- Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing
- Notifies direct supervisor about concerns regarding data
quality and study conduct.
- Works closely with a regulatory coordinator or directly with
the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to submit Adverse Events,
Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in
accordance with local and federal guidelines.
- May perform other regulatory / Institutional Review Board
duties, budgeting duties, and assisting with patient research
billing and reconciliation.
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA
regulations and applicable law.
- May coordinate training and education of other personnel.
- May participate in centralized activities such as auditing,
Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
- May plan and coordinate strategies for increasing patient
enrollment, and/or improving clinical research efficiency.
- May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities
and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to
- May identify new research opportunities and present to
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Schedules appointments in the iLab research appointment
calendar and sends out invites in the Outlook calendar
- Keeps track of refrigerator and room temperature (supportive
- Orders and keeps inventory of research compensation cards and
parking validation passes
- Uses Electronic Medical Records (CS-Link) for patient/study
subject chart review for research
- Assists in clinical patient scheduling (supportive role).
- Assists in monthly radiation dosimeter badge dispensation to
teammates and the return of old ones to the safety office
(supportive role). Education:
- High School Diploma/GED is required. Bachelor's degree
preferred. Experience and Skills:
- Two (2) years minimum of directly related experience
- Establishes effective working relationships with
- Ability to use discretion and maintain privacy, confidentiality
- Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and
Agency standards to comply with regulations.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information
to/from various audiences in different formats.
- ACRP/SoCRA (or equivalent) certification, preferred. Working
Title:Clinical Research Coordinator II - Biomedical Imaging
Research Institute Department:BMS - BioMed Imaging Res Inst
Business Entity:Academic / Research Job
Specialty:Research Studies/Clinical Trials Position Type:Full-time
Shift Length:8 hour shift Shift Type:Day
Keywords: Cedars-Sinai, Bell Gardens , Clinical Research Coordinator II - Biomedical Imaging Research Institute, Healthcare , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!