Lead Payroll Specialist
Company: IPS-Integrated Project Services, LLC
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: April 30, 2021
IPS is Hiring! We are looking for a talented Payroll Lead to join
the HR team at our global headquarters in Blue Bell, PA.
The IPS Payroll Lead is an outstanding opportunity for a technology
savvy and solutions-oriented career payroll professional with 10 or
more years of related experience, strong subject matter expertise,
excellent analytical, communication, and MS Office skills, and
demonstrated commitment to continuous operational improvement. As
an individual contributor and the organizations lead payroll and
timekeeping expert, the role requires advanced knowledge of
federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations to accurately
perform biweekly payroll processing for 1,000+ consulting and
professional service employees throughout the US.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Payroll Processing
- Perform timely, accurate and compliant biweekly and off-cycle
in-house payroll processing, including gross to net computations,
deduction management, ACH and paycheck distribution, vendor
disbursements, and journal entries in accordance with company
- Manage timekeeping systems and employee time records to ensure
accurate and valid entries for both payroll and professional
- Manage, perform, and validate all aspects of employee payroll
database setup functions.
- Coordinate all internal and external communications regarding
payroll with individuals, groups of employees, and interested
- Payroll Tax
- Manage state and local tax records based on employee residence
and worksite data.
- Organize timely, accurate and compliant payroll tax reporting,
tax remittance, and other statutory compliance filings.
- Work with Accounting, Compliance, and outsourced vendors to
setup payroll tax registrations in new jurisdictions and resolve
any tax variances.
- Related Activities
- Respond to and process garnishments, unemployment claims, and
other relevant inquiries.
- Work closely with HR, Finance, Tax, and Legal to ensure
integrity in all payroll activities and reporting and ensure
compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local
- Coordinate timely responses to information requests related to
financial and/or Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) audits.
- Process Improvements
- Continuously advance technical knowledge to promote more
accurate and efficient payroll processing and swifter recognition
and resolution of any potential errors.
- Review and resolve repetitive payroll issues to eliminate
rework and inefficiencies.
- Communication and Organization
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals inside
and outside the organization to effectively and efficiently perform
job duties and responsibilities.
- Organize documents, information, and tasks to meet job duties
- Shares critical job knowledge and work products with others,
advances group learning, and provides confidential access to key
materials, as necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant business discipline or
comparable professional payroll experience
- At least 10 years of in-house payroll processing in a
multistate, time and materials/job costing environment, preferably
in a construction, consulting or professional services firm
- Timekeeping system and time records management expertise
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of preparation and filing
of federal and multi-state payroll tax returns and other statutory
filing requirements, including federal Certified Payroll
- Advanced understanding of payroll tax management, compliance
and GL accounting
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of creating/maintaining
industry best practice quality, fraud and internal control
procedures related to payroll and timekeeping processes.
- Strong organization, communication and collaboration skills,
initiative and sense of urgency to facilitate timely resolutions,
and demonstrated commitment to consistently meet deadlines
- Flexibility and foresight to adjust work schedule and ability
work overtime, as necessary, to meet processing deadlines.
- Proficiency with Excel, Teams, and other MSOffice
- APA membership and certification, strongly preferred
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing
innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering,
construction, commissioning and qualification of complex
pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities.
With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to
large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology,
trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital
projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have
applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life
cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more
efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs.
Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company
with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California,
Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina,
Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore,
Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction,
Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic
Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls,
Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and
Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of
protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking
assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for
employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email,
the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific
position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will
be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the
referral or through other means.
Keywords: IPS-Integrated Project Services, LLC, Bell Gardens , Lead Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!