Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Company: Disney General Entertainment Content
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: July 30, 2022
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and
technology leader. Walt s passion was to continuously envision new
ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our
touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme
parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a
variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment
to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we re
constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting
experiences. Part of the Disney Branded Television, Disney
Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation
television production studio. Because of Disney Television
Animation s strong use of commercial and custom software
technologies to create its animation products, its use of
technology, engineering, development techniques and software is
critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities: The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
(SSDET) is the bridge between end users and the software
developers. The SSDET s core responsibilities are to detect bugs /
flaws in both frontend and backend software solutions before the
end user is involved. Once the SSDET documents and demonstrates
suspected software problems to management and the software
engineering teams, the software is re-vised and re-tested in cycles
until approved for release to end users. Responsibilities :
- Analyze / test software integration and solutions.
- Estimate/measure software performance.
- Write automated test scripts for both web and desktop
- Present technical issues and status to senior and executive
- Document system and framework architectures.
- Create metrics to measure and manage automation.
- Documenting SSDET procedures / workflow and software
- Interact with end users and development staff to assist in
ensuring software solutions meet expectations.
- Assist with overall software design and performance
- Provide administrative and high level support for developed
- Provide statistical data / reporting on SSDET processes as
- Proactively research and evaluate new technologies. Basic
- Minimum 5 years of professional automated software testing
or other similar testing frameworks, such as TestCafe, MochaJS,
- Experience with Docker and Git workflows
- Knowledge of Design Patterns for Enterprise Level Application
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to both
technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well individually and collaboratively Preferred
Qualifications : Working knowledge of the television/animation
business Preferred Education : Bachelor s or Advanced degree in a
technical discipline Additional Information : DisneyTech
Keywords: Disney General Entertainment Content, Bell Gardens , Sr. Software Engineer in Test, IT / Software / Systems , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!