Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is the guiding provider of
radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and
timely information available for the network-centric battlefield.
The Systems Engineering Center's Reconnaissance Solutions (RecSol)
Department requires an experienced Section Manager (SM). The RecSol
department provides comprehensive Program Engineering and Systems
Engineering support of Secure Sensor Solutions (SSS) programs.
The Section Manager responsibilities include:
• Work closely with external customers, internal Mission Area
key team members, and RIS Engineering Stakeholder Team in the
development of technical roadmaps, proposal development and program
• Technical key team members of peer groups, and provides
technical mentoring to programs as subject matter experienced
professional for RF multi-function systems.
• Technical presentations to both internal and external
• Technical team key team members participating in technical
peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design,
development, integration and test, and flight test requirements
The SM is a key technical contributor to the programs supported
by the section and in addition, performs direct line direction
activities for approximately 10-14 engineers. These SM activities
include technical development of people, training, performance
overseeing, and resource allocation. The SM ensures two-way
communications for section members; serve as a day-to-day liaison
to the programs concerning ensuring program results along
technical, cost and schedule parameters, as well as section member
job assignments, performance, and recognition. Responsibilities
also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions,
optimizing resource utilization and interviewing applicants. In
addition, the SM will team with the Department Manager in the
implementation of the Center and RIS Engineering goals, and will be
expected to regularly participate in Department and Center level
meetings. The SM, like their section members, should have knowledge
of RF systems and radar in general to verify system performance.
Work with a senior system engineer to create system level test
procedures and scenarios for verifying new mode capabilities, as
well as direction experience. Section Managers will also be
responsible for developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps
for their capabilities and for technical direction of the
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware
• Must have demonstrated direction skills and behaviors -- prior
experience guiding an IPT or cross-function teams in program
implementation is a plus.
• Minimum of 2+ years demonstrated engineering direction
experience and demonstrated track record.
• Experienced presenter with prior responsibility for dealing
with customers, ownership, technical staff, and internal / external
• Working knowledge of EVMS, IMS, & eStaff resources for
• Experience in proposal development, particularly Engineering
Change Proposal and Basis of Estimate development, and other
contract deliverable artifacts.
• Demonstrated direction experience in a fast paced development
environment with a number of regular programs with varying program
and functional priorities
• Experience in program phases from capture through development
• Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and
• Thorough organization, coordination, planning, and team
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• Communication, integrity, judgment, coordination, impact
• Regularly engages, guides change to achieve implementation
excellence and resolve critical issues
• Examples of leading a technical team in advanced radar
• EVMS certification
• Cost Account Manager experience
• Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management
• Actively engages, guides change to achieve implementation
excellence and resolve critical issues
• Technical mentoring as subject matter experienced professional
in Radar design for multi-function systems
• Examples of customer focus and collaboration skills
• Bachelor's of Science degree (BS) or equivalent in
Engineering, Math, Physics, or related discipline
• Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science,
Math, or related discipline 169418
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.