Senior Satellite Narrowband Payload Systems Engineer
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Satellite-Narrowband
Payload Systems Engineer (Level 5) to support our Space & Launch
programs in El Segundo, CA. As a Satellite Digital Payload Systems
Engineer, you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art
payloads for space-based applications for commercial, civil,
Milsatcom, and/or national security programs. You will lead a
highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international
customers on their latest satellite systems. This is a 1st shift
position.Project assignments typically span the complete program
life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system
definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit
operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems-Primary
- Define and develop satellite systems and payload
- Lead trade studies for advanced technology designs.
- Define and verify space payload system requirements and
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and
- Lead payload integration and validation.
- Perform analyses and simulations for space payload
- Perform hardware engineering support, design reviews, and unit
- Lead system verification preparation, execution,
troubleshooting, and sell-off.
- Mentor the program junior systems engineers and review their
work for quality.This position requires an active/current U.S.
Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope
Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within
the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in
the past 24 months is considered active.)Basic (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study,
in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 10 or more years of experience with digital payload design,
analysis, development, and verification.
- 5 or more years of experience working on Milsatcom narrowband
- 5 or more years of experience in engineering
leadership.Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with technology development and project
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.Typical
Education / ExperienceDegree and typical experience in engineering
classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's
with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years'
experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although
not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:This position
offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation
is available for internal candidates, based on candidate
eligibility.)Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: BOEING, Bell Gardens , Senior Satellite Narrowband Payload Systems Engineer, Other , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!