High Risk OB Clinic LVN - 8HR Days
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Summary: -The High Risk OB Clinic LVN, under the direct
supervision of the -CN IV (nurse supervisor), is responsible for
identifying the needs of each patient and assisting in -the
planning and delivering of patient care to meet those needs in our
very busy ambulatory -clinic setting. The LVN, after appropriate
educational preparation, is capable of an expanded -scope of
practice in the area of nursing process and intravenous therapy.
The LVN completes -patient intakes, phlebotomy and preparation for
send-out to specialty laboratories, does point of -care urinalysis,
-ensures pre-procedural labs are completed, assists in MFM
procedures (CVS and Amnio) in the -Prenatal Diagnosis Center,
orders clinic supplies, ensures proper room turnover in keeping
with -high cleaning standards, and other clinic-based assignments
as needed. The LVN works with a -team including LVNs, RNs,
ultrasound techs, 10 physicians, genetic counselors, a clinical
diabetes -educator RN, and administrative staff members. The team
is collaborative and the right -candidate must be a team player
with the willingness and eagerness to multitask and have a -sunny
disposition to provide excellent care and give a high quality
patient experience. -Willingness to learn to prep patient's for
non-stress testing (belt the patient) to provide back-up -to the RN
within the LVN scope of practice. -This position requires earlier
or later starts on a rotational basis to cover the closing shift
(more -details upon interview). Weekly hours may vary between 36
hours - 40 hours or more depending -upon patient volume. -Performs
other duties as required.Are you passionate about helping people?
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives?At Cedars-Sinai
you'll learn from dedicated healthcare professionals every single
day and use state-of-the-art facilities to do something incredible
- for yourself and for others. The LVN supports the physician and
nursing staff in the delivery of health care by performing patient
care assessments, and a variety of medically related tasks. The LVN
is a licensed nurse who works in an ambulatory care setting to
perform and provide nursing services.
- Greet patients and provide an initial nursing evaluation.
- Manage patient care flow and takes a leadership role within the
- Prepares patients for provider by reviewing current medications
and record in medical record.
- Takes appropriate vital signs and record in medical
- Sets up exam room/procedure rooms appropriately based on
patient visit needs.
- Assist provider in examination/procedure rooms as needed.
- Perform designated diagnostic tests as directed by
- Draw, prepare designated lab work and/or specimens as directed
- Administer immunization, injections, oral or IV medications as
directed by provider.
- Use PRN/Smart Talk systems to convey lab results to patients as
defined by provider.
- Follow-up on scheduling needs and answers patient calls in a
- Prepare charts as needed, including filing into appropriate
sections of medical record and assures that all pertinent items are
available to provider before patient care commences.
- Ability to understand and assist providers with clinical
- Handles all designated clinical care telephone interactions
with provider input.
- Communicates all significant clinical findings to MD.
- Serves as an advocate for patient and utilizes appropriate
- Provide orientation and training for new clinical staff and
recommends areas for improvement.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, facilities, and
- Counsel and provide corrective actions as needed with input
from Lead Nurse.
- Provide assistance in QA/QC measures for suites.
Educational Requirements:High school diploma or GED required.
Associate degree or above -preferred.Licenses:Valid California
Vocational Nurse License -required. Current basic life support
(BLS). Current certification in phlebotomy.Experience:Experience in
an outpatient or inpatient clinical care environment preferred.
-Must be skilled in phlebotomy (as this clinic does lots of blood
draws) Must be detail-oriented, a team player and have the ability
to multi-task. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and
customer service skills. Must be computer literate and able to
learn how to navigate and document in an electronic health record
(EPIC preferred).Physical Demands:Walking, standing, bending,
lifting (up to 40 lbs. safely), pushing, pulling. Must -observe
universal precautions and have working knowledge of blood borne
pathogens. Must be -able to perform assigned duties.
Working Title:High Risk OB Clinic LVN - 8HR Days
Department:Prenatal Diagnosis Ctr
Business Entity:Service Lines & Ops
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Bell Gardens , High Risk OB Clinic LVN - 8HR Days, Other , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!