Front Desk Agent
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Bell Gardens
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the
guest providing outstanding guest service during their stay and
settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary
responsibilities include: registering guests making and modifying
reservations hotel operator and concierge duties. Providing
attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to
arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and
* High School diploma or equivalent required; College course work
in related field helpful.
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to
deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
* Demonstrate the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be
able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal
and external customers.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of
action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including
anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as
* Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
* Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting
adding subtracting multiplying and dividing
* Ability to read comprehend and write simple instructions and/or
short correspondence and memos
* Ability to use logic to define the problem collect information
establish facts draw valid conclusions interpret information and
deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar
* An operational knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
* Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule
that may include evenings nights weekends and holidays
* Holds an understanding of hotel products and guest services (i.e.
lifestyle full service resort etc)
* Ability to participate in the creation of an enjoyable work
* Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly
service oriented manner.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which
include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
* Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality policies standards
and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
* Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards; maintain a
friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
* Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure
that all Aimbridge Hospitality performance standards are met.
* Handle requests for information mail and messages in an efficient
and courteous manner.
* Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours of
* Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants transportation
* Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
* Be aware of all rates packages and special promotions; Be
familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and
* Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow rate quoting scenario.
* Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house
rules as well as hospitality terminology.
* Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as
* Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and
* Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.
* Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as
needed to guests and meeting rooms.
* Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other associates.
* As needed deliver guest items such as luggage newspapers messages
packages amenities or other items requested by guests or team
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property
amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and
things to do around the hotel.
* Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not
limited to the following: helping coworkers in other areas of the
hotel maintaining a clean and organized work area and overall
cleanliness and safety throughout the hotel and grounds
The Bicycle Hotel & Casino offers accommodations in Bell
Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee
machine in the room. For your comfort, you will find guest
bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer in the private
Los Angeles is 7.5 mi from The Bicycle Hotel & Casino, while Santa
Monica is 19 mi from the property. Long Beach Airport is 11 mi
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Bell Gardens , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Bell Gardens, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!